Bumper to Bumper Radio, the car guys on KTAR, 92.3 FM in Phoenix, AZ, broadcast every Saturday from 11:00 am to noon. On this show, Dave Riccio of Tri-City Transmission in Tempe, AZ talks about how to repair a car after it has been damaged by water or a flood. Also on this show:
• What kind of damage can happen to your car when it experiences flooding?
• What are the different types of car flood damage?
• Can you salvage your car after it experienced flood damage?
• Does air conditioned air effectively dry out the interior of your car?
• How water-proof is my car?
• 2008 Nissan Titan 170,000 miles: Do the fuel additives really help with performance?
• 2011 Honda CRV: While I’m driving, my factory alarm system begins beeping inside the car and then when I turn the car off, the horn part of the alarm begins to sound. Do you know what this could be?
• 2007 Dodge Caliber 128,000 miles: I’m told that due to a slow refrigerant leak that I’ll need to have the manifold hose replaced for 0. With the mileage on this car, should I also get the compressor replaced while they’re in there?
• 2004 Nissan Altima 250,000 miles: I’m on my 3rd set of motor mounts and I’m wondering what is causing them to wear out so often?
• 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup: I was involved in a wreck recently and now there’s a vibration occurring when I accelerate. My insurance company needs a diagnostic done by an auto shop and I’m wondering if they’ll be able to tell if this vibration is a result of the accident?
• I was always told to keep my foot on the accelerator while breaking if you’re stuck in the water. Is this true?
Cars talked about on this show are 2008 Nissan Titan, 2011 Honda CRV , 2007 Dodge Caliber, 2004 Nissan Altima, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup.
For more information, see http://www.tricitytransmission.com .