This is a time-lapse of our build of the LEGO Architecture Flatiron Building set. This is a beautiful set that was fun to build. It has some very interesting building techniques. LEGO really captured the unique shape of this building. It’ll make a great addition to our growing New York LEGO Collection.
Here are the official details from LEGO:
Create the Flatiron Building – a LEGO Architecture Landmark Series version of the Renaissance-style, wedge-shaped New York skyscraper.
Recreate the historic Flatiron Building skyscraper in LEGO bricks!
Build a detailed LEGO brick model of the Flatiron Building, the most striking of New York’s earliest skyscrapers. Rising up from a triangular wedge of land between Broadway, Fifth Avenue and East 22nd Street, the ‘Fuller Building’ – as it was originally named – became one of the city’s tallest buildings at 20 stories on completion in 1902. A penthouse, built three years later, added an extra story. The locals’ nickname for the building was later officially adopted, and the ‘Flatiron Building’ has since been officially recognized as a National Historic Landmark. This intricate model captures the limestone façade and elegant Beaux-Arts styling of architect Daniel Burnham’s masterpiece in LEGO brick.
– Interpretation of real-world architectural landmark, the Flatiron Building
– Features a nameplate
– Booklet included with details on the design, architecture and history of the building
– Measures 5” (15cm) tall, 3” (8cm) wide and 4” (11cm) deep
– Collect the entire LEGO Architecture Landmark and Architect Series sets
– The LEGO Architecture product line is about celebrating the world of architecture through the medium of the LEGO brick and for all with an interest in design, architecture and history